How to establish a branch in Poland. Procedures and requirements to establish a branch in Poland are governed by the Act on the Freedom of Business Activity and Act on the National Court Registry.
Foreign companies planning to establish a branch in Poland are treated in the same way as Polish companies. A branch does not have a separate legal personality and may not conduct any economic activity beyond the scope of its parent company.
To establish ad register the branch the parent company must fill an application with the National Court Registry. Following information and/or documents must be included in the application form:
- The business name, address of the registered office and the legal form of the parent company
- The name of the branch. It must consist of the name of the parent company and its legal form translated into Polish and expression “Oddział w Polsce” (“Branch in Poland”)
- Description of business activities of the parent company
- The full name of the person(s) representing the parent company in Poland and their address in Poland
- The address of the branch in Poland
- The Certificate of Registration and/or the AoA of the parent company
- The full names of the supervising body of the parent company
- Copy of the local Commercial Register at which the parent company is registered
- Specimen signatures of the person(s) authorized to represent the parent company in Poland. It must be certified by the Notary Public
- The POA granted to the person(s) authorized to represent the parent company in Poland
- The full names of the members of the management Body authorized to represent the parent company
- Documents in a foreign language must be presented along with their certified translation into Polish.
A branch in Poland must:
- Keep their financial records in Polish and in compliance with Polish accounting regulations
- Inform the Ministry of Economy in case any of the following events should occur: the liquidation of the parent company, loss of the right to conduct business activities by the parent company. This must be done within the period of 14 days following the event
- Inform the National Court Registry of all changes with respect to information included in the application form